Skip To Content

Openings on local boards and commissions

Posted on 07/19/2017
Openings on local boards and commissions

The Weld County Commissioners are seeking Weld County residents interested in volunteering to serve on the following boards: Board of Adjustment; Building Trades Advisory Committee; Families, Youth & Children Commission; Juvenile Community Review Board; Planning Commission; Noxious Weed Management Advisory Board; and the Workforce Development Board.

Board of Adjustment conducts hearings and decides appeals from decisions concerning the administration or enforcement of the Weld County Zoning Ordinance. It interprets the location of zoning district boundaries and lot lines with respect to those boundaries. Five members serve three-year terms. Time commitment is six hours annually. The Board meets when called on the first Tuesday of the month at 11:00 a.m. *The applicant for this opening must live within District 3 of Weld County.

Building Trades Advisory Committee acts as a citizen advisory board to review proposed changes in the Weld County Building Code Ordinance. Reviews complaints relating to the administration and enforcement of the ordinance. Serves as a communication link between the county and the construction industry. Eleven members serve three-year terms. Time commitment is six hours annually. The Board meets the third Thursday of April and October at 5:30 p.m. *There is one opening in for someone with electrical experience.

Families, Youth, and Children Commission advises county commissioners regarding various areas of child welfare, primarily services to families and children. Meetings are quarterly on the second Friday at 7:30 a.m. Time commitment is up to two hours per meeting. *There are two positions: A physician and someone with knowledge of the mental health field.

Juvenile Community Review Board encourages state and local government cooperation concerning adjudicated delinquent youth. Reviews specific youths proposed for community placement by the Division of Youth Services and accepts or rejects these recommendations. Seven regular members serve three-year terms. Time commitment is two hours per month and meets the second Monday of each month at noon when there are cases to be heard. *There are two openings for alternate positions in the area of probation and school district representative.

Noxious Weed Management Advisory Board advises County Commissioners regarding integrated weed management on county and private property. Members must live within the unincorporated part of the county and must own more than 40 acres of land in Weld County. Five members serve three-year terms. Time commitment is eight hours annually and meets quarterly, the third Thursday at 7:00 p.m. *There is one opening on this board.

Planning Commission conducts hearings and advises County Commissioners regarding land-use planning, zoning administration, and subdivision development within the county. Reviews and makes recommendations on land-use applications and amendments to policies and regulations. Nine members serve three-year terms. Time commitment is ten hours monthly. The Commission meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. *The opening is for an individual that lives within the Advisory Board District 1, which includes the RE-9, RE-12 and RE-11J school districts.

Workforce Development Board are owners, Chief Executive Officers and individuals in the local area with optimum policy making or hiring authority and leaders from the workforce system, education and economic development that are charged with identifying regional workforce needs, developing and implementing systems in response and providing overall direction for Employment Services of Weld County. Time commitment averages three hours per month. General meetings convene six times per year on Tuesdays at 11:15 a.m. and sub-committees meet 3-4 times per year. *There are two positions: One is for a member in the labor organization or a training director from a joint labor-management apprenticeship program and one is for someone that works in the transportation area.

Applications are available on the Boards and Commissions tab within the Commissioner’s section at or through email, and will be accepted through August 11th. For further information, please contact Karla Ford at 970 336-7204 or